Monday 16 October 2017

August Catchup

My local craft/patchwork shop, where I happen to be employed (I know dream job) had a lovely class in early August with Leanne from Petals and Patches.  So great when they come out into the country as it's usually us travelling to Melbourne.

Have some great photos of our class but for some reason my security provider on my laptop is not letting me download them tonight - think it's time for a new laptop!!!

We had  two lovely projects to work on the day. This one I am well underway with the stitching.
The other was a beautiful appliqued needlecase/sewing folder.

 
August also saw us enjoying a lovely week on the Sunshine Coast. My lovely friend Karen and her husband from Brisbane spent one day with us and took us on a tour around - first stop The Patchwork Angel.  And didn't we have fun.  Wish I'd taken a photo of the ginger scones we had at the Buderim ginger factory - oh they were amazing.

Karen inside the beautiful The Patchwork Angel.

So many lovely things to do on the Sunshine coast apart from relaxing. Australia Zoo was a favourite - so clean and spacious.

 Ha ha - this was the only photo I could get to download




Relaxing at Australia Zoo - ;
loved it here. Just amazing.  Hopefully I can get this sorted and back with more soon. Cheryl

9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Workshop sounds lovely.......nice time on the Sunshine Coast.... My friend kris was taking about the ginger factory today in her post.....

Jeanette said...

The workshop sounds great & so much the better when you don't have to travel. Love the pattern you are stitching. Love the ginger factory & those scones sound wonderful. Hugs,xx

Maria said...

You are lucky to work in the lovely patch shop...
Beautiful Christmas table runner you worked on at the workshop.
Always nice to catch up with friends..

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely to have it at home. Bit damp here at the moment. Glad we turned on some nice weather for you x

Anthea said...

What a lovely pattern Cheryl... great to be a=able to go to workshops with the lovely designers!

Helen said...

The workshop sounds great love the pattern you are working on. Wonderful to catch up with friends while on holidays.

Karen S said...

The table runner looks lovely. Can't wait to see yours!
Looks like a lovely time in Qld. My mum and sister are there now and it is flooding where they are. Not a holiday when that happens.

Fiona said...

lovely project. I'm looking forward to meeting Leanne when she comes this way next year. Glad you enjoyed our Qld coast. I love taking grandies to Aus Zoo, I'm not a zoo person but there they make it feel like the animals are their pets...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Great workshop Cheryl. Looks like you had a great holiday too.